Topic: Villa de Tulumba
The Villa in the Valley of Tulumba, Villa de Tulumba, Northern Cordoba, along the Old Royal Road, known in Spanish as Camino Real. Beginnings The route originated as the "Camino Real del Peru" (Royal Road of Peru), used since colonial times to travel from Buenos Aires, through Cordoba, Santiago del Estero, San Miguel de Tucuman, Salta, San Salvador de Jujuy, and Potosi, continuing to Peru. The section between Buenos Aires and the south of what it is today Cordoba Province, was shared with the "Camino Real del Oeste" (Royal Road of the West) which branched towards San Luis, Mendoza and Santiago (Chile). The road had a system of small inns and establishments every 30–50 km where travellers could rest. After the coming of the railroad, in the second half of the 19th Century, this road lost relevance, as the railroad provided faster service on any type of weather. The first train from Buenos Aires arrived in the town of La Quiaca in Argentina's northern border with Bolivia on 30 December, 1907. With the advent of the automobile, the Federal Government decided to build roads throughout the Republic. In 1936 the road from Buenos Aires to La Quiaca was named Ruta Nacional 9 (National Route 9). Today, .......
Location: Places >> Villa Tulumba Cordoba Argentina
El objetivo es preservar las casonas, los cascos de estancia y las capillas que los conquistadores levantaron para convertir a los aborígenes. La región, antiguamente habitada por comechingones y sanavirones, tuvo un significado especial en la organización colonial porque posibilitó la relación del Alto Perú con el puerto del Río de la Plata, atravesando la ciudad de Córdoba. Y hoy, a lo largo del Camino Real existen verdaderas reliquias de la historia argentina.